Sunday, May 5, 2013

Our Easter

Our Easter is a month late than the Western one, and it's a little strange that the most part of the world had already had one. I must say that we are not religious and Easter is just a beautiful Spring holiday for us, and a way to keep up the nice tradition. We usually dye eggs and I bake Easter cakes a few days before, and we have a nice time together on Sunday.


At the moment we are in a beautiful mountain village Apriltsi, having our Easter vacation. I took these photos the day before we left, so boys could still have fun dying the eggs.  Nothing fancy, just usual dye.


Aren't the eggs nice?

Our Easter Breads.  The small ones are for kids, my grandmother used to make little ones for children, so I keep up the tradition. They are all still safe and sound, but they'll be gone till the end of this day!


Now off  for the walk and a piknik! Have a wonderful Sunday!

P.S. I thought I should share the recipe of the Easter Breads, I made them using one old Ukrainian recipe. No time for this now, though. In the next post.

2 comments:

  1. Христос Воскресе!
    Желая ти много здраве и щастливи мигове с близките!

    ReplyDelete